The scope of the consulting and advisory services of SPEED is to support national and regional planning bodies, tourism development and promotion organizations, local and regional authorities and the tourism industry in the following fields:
• carrying out studies in developing tourism policies and integrated tourism programmes.
• developing and implementing tourism promotion plans
• preparing business plans for new areas of thematic tourism (agrotourism, ecotourism, trekking-hiking paths, cultural tourism, etc.)
• preparing the certification of tourism services according to international standards of quality assurance, environmental management, health/safety and eco-labeling
• benefiting from the specialized funding programmes for their development objectives and business plans.
In this context SPEED cooperates and actively participates in the altertourism network (www.altertourism.gr)
Indicative advisory and consulting projects:
• Studies for the development and promotion of alternative tourism activities in Cyclades Islands (Development Agency of Cyclades SA).
• Tourism promotion, publicity and awareness activities for the Island of Leros (Development Consortium of Leros)
• Tourism promotion action plan for the area of Acherontas, Epirus (Prefecture of Preveza)
• Regional thematic tourism networks in Peloponnisos (Innovation Programme RIPE, the European Commission, Chamber of Arcadia)
• European programme for the promotion of the ecolabel certification in the field of tourist accommodation services (European Commission).
• Study for the classification and implementation of an evaluation system and an incentive plan for businesses in the food sector (Cyprus Tourism Organization).
• Strategic Development study and Action Plans for the mountain resorts of Cyprus (Cyprus Tourism Organization).
• Production of educational material for environmental management in hotels (European Commission / Programme Leonardo Da Vinci).