The scope of the consulting and advisory services of SPEED is to support national and local organizations and businesses of the agricultural sector in:
• designing integrated rural development projects combining agriculture with other productive activities
• evaluating and managing the implementation of Local Development Programmes (eg LEADER Initiative)
• promoting innovation, quality, sustainability, entrepreneurship and new technologies within local production systems.
• preparing the certification of their products according to international standards
• benefiting from the specialized funding programmes by preparing appropriate investment schemes and business plans
Indicative advisory and consulting projects:
• SWOT analysis of the agricultural sector in Greece for the preparation the programming period 2014 – 2020 (Ministry of Rural Development and Food)
• Production and value of agricultural products protected by a PDO or PGI Geographical Indication (GI) in Greece and Cyprus (DG Agriculture)
• Evaluation of the implementation of agricultural and environmental measures in Greece and Cyprus (DG Agriculture)
• Assessment of the environmental impacts of the implementation of the CMO provisions for olive oil, wines and fruit in Greece and Cyprus (European Commission)
• Implementation of the LEADER approach within the Rural Development Programme of Cyprus 2007 – 2013 and provision of technical support to the Local Action Teams.
• Elaboration of studies for the Integrated Rural Development Programmes of the areas of:
- Mani (Region of Peloponnisos).
- Mountainous / disadvantaged areas of North Aegean (Region of North Aegean).
• Consulting services for the evaluation of the National Rural Development Programme LEADER II and the LEADER + local development programmes in 3 areas (North Peloponnisos, Western Crete, Trikala).
• Consulting services for the interim evaluation of the Operational Programme «Rural Development – Reform of the Countryside» under CSF III (Ministry of Agriculture).
• Investment Schemes, Market Research, Certification of products and processes in 15 companies in the agricultural sector.